Zonal Sales Manager (m/f) Tanzania
Mobisol is one of the world’s leading companies for Solar Home Systems with more than 600 passionate employees, delivering a clean and affordable alternative to fossil fuels for low-income households (living without access to reliable energy). Our dedicated product line combines solar energy with innovative mobile technology and accessible microfinancing. Having successfully installed more than 70,000 solar home systems in Tanzania. Kenya, and Rwanda, Mobisol is now moving into the business at a larger scale – thereby stimulating economic and social development in developing countries while also contributing to global environmental protection. Our commitment to quality, product innovation, and sustainable development makes us a highly inspiring community to work with.
Please read more about Mobisol under www.plugintheworld.com.
To support our rapid growth we are looking for a
Zonal Sales Manager (m/f) Tanzania
With a strong track record in managing Sales Teams operating in rural areas
Location: Tanzania, Arusha / Mbeya / Morogoro / Mwanza
Full time, indeterminate, as soon as possible
Are you a seasoned Sales Manager? Are you able to implement sales strategies that are focused on building and maintaining high quality and long-term relationships with customers? Then we are looking for you! As a Zonal Sales Manager you will be responsible for leading and supporting your team of Regional Sales Managers (RSM) in a certain zone and you will develop and implement the sales operational strategy. In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Enabling all RSM achieving to achieve their regional sales target
- Ensuring that the sales teams in the zone make high quality sales
- Developing zonal sales and marketing campaigns
- Implementation of operational management for sales and marketing
- Planning/adhering to zonal sales and marketing budget and reporting to Head of Sales
- Mentoring each RSM to enhance operational performance, motivation, ownership, and engagement.
- Establishing monthly and quarterly KPIs for each RSM, ensuring RSMs take ownership of their targets
- Working hand-in-hand with national marketing team to organize branding of areas, media appearances, and other promotional activities
- Creating strong monthly zonal sales and marketing plans and reports, focusing on both day-to-day sales and long-term brand building
- Field monitoring of sales and marketing activities at least once every month
- Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Administration or related field is a plus
- Strong sales acumen and at least 5 years experience in sales or marketing management with proven record of achievement
- Good experience and skills in performing analysis of sales trends and market trends, generating and applying insights to trigger sales growth
- Very analytical, ability to establish business cases and conduct quantitative analysis
- Proven ability in budgeting and planning in sales and marketing
- Proven record of building and managing a geographically dispersed yet cohesive team
- Ability to build relationships and work in a fast growing start-up environment
- Mentoring, coaching and people management skills, a growth-mindset
- Team leadership skills
- Willing to travel domestically, notably in assigned zone
- Self-starter with a passion for Mobisol´s vision to plug in the world
- Fluency in Swahili and English
The position offers you the chance to be part of a global player in the off-grid energy market with strong commitment to product-quality, design, user friendliness and environmental sustainability. You will be part of an outstanding international, highly motivated team of individuals who combine professional expertise with personal passion. In addition to joining a wonderful global community, you will receive an attractive benefit package with direct participation in the success of our company.
If you feel intrigued by this challenging opportunity, please send your application (letter of motivation, CV, references) with the subject line “Zonal Sales Manager Tanzania” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, that we only consider complete applications.