Management Accountant (m/f)
Mobisol is one of the world’s leading companies for Solar Home Systems (SHS) with approximately 700 passionate employees, delivering a clean and affordable alternative to fossil fuels for low-income households, living without access to reliable energy. Our dedicated product portfolio combines solar energy with innovative mobile technology and accessible microfinancing. Having successfully installed more than 70,000 solar home systems in Tanzania, Rwanda and Kenya, Mobisol is now moving the business to a larger scale, helping to stimulate economic and social development in developing countries while simultaneously contributing to global environmental protection. Our commitment to quality, product innovation and sustainable development makes us a highly inspiring community to work with. Please read more about Mobisol on www.plugintheworld.com.
To support our international growth we are looking for a
Management Accountant (m/f)
With a strong background in accounting and finance, a hands-on attitude combined with attention to detail
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring timely, correct reports and information
- Developing and managing financial systems/policies
- Coordinating and monitoring annual budgets for management’s decision making and to ensuring that revenue and expenditure is kept in line with the budget.
- Ensuring that company records for the general ledger, fixed assets, taxation, insurances, securities, payroll, bank reconciliation, cash and cheque payments and receipts are maintained to the required high standards and are available for use by internal and external auditors, as and when needed
- Reviewing and ensuring proper processing, allocation and correct posting of transactions into general ledger
- Checking all creditor payments and petty cash to ensure they are properly supported, matched and in order
- Check bank reconciliation for all the bank accounts to ensure they are done on time
- Prepare monthly management accounts including P&L, Balance Sheet, Capex overview and other required reports
- Management of the Finance team
- Development and maintenance of all chapters of the Mobisol accounting manual
- Preparation of the financial year end statements at in compliance with international and national standards
- Coordination with other Finance teams in HQ/ COs
Academic Qualification and experience:
- Bachelor of Commerce or its equivalent
- 5 – 7 years professional experience in the field
- Working experience in managing teams of at least 10 employees with disciplinary and functional authority
- CPA(K),/ACCA III,/CIMA
- Business acumen and high level of familiarity with finance strategies and procedures
- Very strong communication and negotiation skills
- International work experience is a strong asset
- Very good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Passion for Mobisol´s vision to plug in the world
- Fluency in German and English
The position offers you the chance to responsible for Mobisol’s cash management, the set up and improving of Mobisol financial procedures, and last but not least the accounting of the Mobisol financials. The Head of Finance’s key responsibility is securing an accurate accounting throughout the company, enabled by accurate accounting policies and procedures.
If you feel intrigued by this challenging opportunity please send your application with a motivation letter that none of the other applicants will write (stand out!), your CV, and references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing the position title in the subject line.