Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) Tanzania (m/f) based in Arusha
Mobisol is one of the world’s leading companies for Solar Home Systems with approximately 700 passionate employees, delivering a clean and affordable alternative to fossil fuels for low-income households (living without access to reliable energy). Our dedicated product line combines solar energy with innovative mobile technology and accessible microfinancing. Having successfully installed more than 50,000 solar home systems in Tanzania, Rwanda and Kenya, Mobisol is now moving into the business at a larger scale – thereby stimulating economic and social development in developing countries while simultaneously contributing to global environmental protection. Our
commitment to quality, product innovation, and sustainable development makes us a highly inspiring community to work with.
Please read more about Mobisol under www.plugintheworld.com
Join the Best team for the Solar Revolution now as
Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) Tanzania (m/w)
based in Arusha/Tanzania
As the CCO you will drive and oversee all commercial activities of Mobisol Tanzania, including sales, marketing, business development and customer service. Assuming this key role within the Mobisol Tanzania senior management team will make you responsible for:
Shaping Mobisol Tanzania’s commercial success with the development and execution of a smart commercial strategy that enables controlled, healthy growth
Strengthening and enabling sales and marketing approaches that optimize the local customer experience, achieve targets in line with Group policies and strategies, and place equal focus on short-term sprints and long-term sustained success
Guiding day-to-day operations within the sales and marketing function to ensure process standards and best practices
Driving innovative business development initiatives to continue establishing Mobisol as the dominant market player
Identify and build key relationships with new markets, new clients, and new business opportunities to keep Mobisol Tanzania on the edge of innovation
Ensuring a highly professional and sophisticated after-sales service through Mobisol’s call center and CRM systems
In addition, your responsibilities will include growing and leading the commercially focused departments, which will entail hiring and supervising at least 5 direct reports. In this position you will report directly to the Group CCO based in our headquarters in Berlin, Germany.
- This position requires an experienced professional with a relevant degree in sales, marketing, business development, market-entry.
- A proven track record of at least 6 years of management experience ideally in an international working environment is required.
- A sound knowledge of operational and strategic sales management in a fast growing company is preferred.
- 2-4 years of B2B and B2C sales experience.
- Ability to fuse business strategy and sales targets with operational requirements and administrative constraints.
- Experience with within the Tanzanian business context is a strong plus.
- As an individual you are skilled in the daily business of sales operations, budgeting processes, cost analyses and monitoring.
- You possess a systematic, structured and reliable work attitude.
- You are able to wear multiple hats – manager, innovator, strategist, operational enthusiast. In addition, you have a strong affinity to sales, a passion for customer-oriented marketing, and a pull towards innovation and creativity.
- Your management technique is defined by a focus on teamwork and inclusion, while also being
a decisive leader. You are target driven and dynamic and a strong communicator.
The position offers you the chance to build and shape a global player in the off-grid energy market with strong commitment to product-quality, design, user friendliness and environmental sustainability. You will be part of an outstanding, highly motivated international team, combining professional expertise with personal passion. In addition to joining a dynamic global community, you will receive an attractive benefit package with direct participation in the success of our company.
If you feel intrigued by this career opportunity please send your application (letter of motivation, WHICH STAND OUT; CV; references) with the subject line “(CCO),Tanzania (m/f)” to email@example.com. If you have any questions, please get in touch with our Talent Management team.